

We all went to Logan, Utah for a white Christmas this year. It was a lot of fun. We stayed with Makenzie's Aunt Shelley and her family and Grandma and Grandpa Moore. The kids had fun playing with each other, going on 4-wheeler rides, sledding, ice fishing, going to a Utah State basketball game, and wandering around Temple Square.
During our stay Makenzie got to meet Pres. Thomas S. Monson in Salt Lake City and receive a blessing from him. He spent an hour with Makenzie and her family... talking about the Gospel, telling stories, teaching her to play the first song he learned on the piano, and showing everyone around the board room where the First Presidency meets and his office. Makenzie gave him one of her home made cards and one of our ward's Christmas CDs. He gave Makenzie a signed picture and a box of yummy chocolates. Kenzie's name was also placed on the First Presidency prayer roll. They will pray for her by name each Thursday when they meet for about a month of so. It was an awesome visit.
Here's a message from Makenzie... pres. monson was so so cool . It was a wonderful experience for me . Then we went to look at temple lights. It was so cold i had one jacket, one hood, and one hat. well looks like i have to go. love makenzie.
5 comments:
WOW! I am so envious Makenzie!!! That's the best New years ever!!!! Lucky girl!
WOW, Makenzie. WHat an AMAZING experience for you and your family! Such a swet gift! Love ya, Tammi
It sounds like you had an awesome vacation Makenzie! I read up on President Thomas S. Monson because I am not LDS and I think I'd rather meet him than meet the President of the United States. It is so neat that you got to spend time with him and he shared so much with you; stories, songs he learned on the piano, a private tour & CHOCOLATES - he must've really taken a liking to you ~ BUT THAT ISN'T HARD TO DO! I hope you had a great Christmas and I know this New Year will bring you and your family much joy and peace.
Love,
Kelli
Makenzie, We are so glad you got to come to see us while you were here in Logan. The visit was wonderful. We miss you and wish we could see you more often.
As for the visit with Pres Monson...You are so blessed. That would be the coolest thing ever! Don't forget to write about it in your journal.
I can't even put into words how happy I am you got to experience the meeting with one of the Lords Apostles. You are truly blessed to have such a circle of support. We think of you often and pray for you too. Take care Love, Danette Collins and family
Post a Comment