Makenzie started running a fever last Sunday so we went to the ER. They took blood cultures to check for infection. The doctors are very cautious with fever and potential infection. Her portacath is very close to her heart and she has a shunt so they want to catch any infections very quickly. She also went back to the clinic on Monday and Tuesday because she continued to have a fever. On Tuesday they gave her a flu test (long q tips up your nose into your sinus, not fun) and did a CT scan of her sinuses. Turns out she had the flu. So no chemo on Tuesday. She also missed school all week. But she appears to be getting better. Hopefully she will be back in school and back on her treatment schedule this week.
On another note, Terri's sister Ginger, owner of Keepsake Trends scrapbooking store is doing a benefit crop to help with extra expenses that go along with Makenzie's treatments. They are selling raffle tickets for an opportunity to scrapbook with Becky Higgins. Visit the Keepsake Trends website for more details. http://keepsaketrends.com/default.aspx
2 comments:
Yikes! I hope you get better soon. I bought some raffle tickets and hope I win.
Makenzie,
I got a copy of Dumb Bunny today. Would you autograph it for me??? I'd really like that.
Ann Mabee
(Erin Trimble's mom)
Post a Comment