Hi Everybody,
How are you doing? I went to a camp through the hospital called Camp Rainbow.You can ride the bus or your mom or dad can drop you off. The bus has a bathroom in it. I chose to ride the bus with my freind natalie. It is a week once a year. It is a blast. I did archery for the first time and shot about 60 or less balloons. I also rode a horse and was steering really well.I went canoeing, swimming, fishing, and arts and crafts. I made a crown that is cute. I made a necklace. I got a name tag. I learned some new songs. We got step counters and blankets with a stuffed animal. My cabin mates were nice. Their names were Jenna, jacquira, nikki, and Katie. We had a bed rock bash. I was really, really, really messy time. There was a game were we had to hold a helmet on are heads and pour some slime juice in a cup on the helmet and run to dump it in a bucket. I thought it was water but it wasn't and i spilled it on my clothse. People rubbed shaving cream on me. They also rubbed food on me. We had a pine cone ceremony. It is a time where you dedicate a pine cone to 1 or more people then toss it in the fire. We had a 50s sock hop dance.
Love Makenzie
We will add pictures when we get some!!!!
Makenzie also spoke a few weeks ago at the Carefree Resort to 400-500 people who were center directors for The Learning Care Group, a company that owns day care centers including Tutor Time (I think). She spoke about her Make-A-Wish day. Make-A-Wish and The Learning Care Group have a fund raising partnership to raise money for Make-A-Wish. Makenzie's job was to encourage the center directors of the day care centers to get involved in the fundraising by telling her story. She did a great job telling about her wish and got a standing ovation. The whole family even got put up overnight at the resort and got to swim in the pools and relax.
5 comments:
I am so happy to hear you loved the camp. It sounds like they kept you very busy. I got to have lunch with your daddy last Friday. We are going to really miss him at Copperwood. It will be nice though for you to be able to see him whenever you want to. Have a great day tomorrow. First days back at school are always fun! Nancy Christopher
Makenzie is one of the most incredible little girls. There is no way I could talk in front of 400 and not cry, because I was so nervous. How was the first day of school. Did you get rid of the bed you had e-mailed? Take care, Tammi
Makenzie,
I am so glad that you went to camp!! You must have been so brave to go for a whole week without your family!!
We are so proud of you sweetheart, love hugs N Kisses
Aunt Ginger
Makenzie: It sounds like you had a great time at camp. Grandma Betty told me Woody was your favorite singer. I bet you helped all of the new campers. I am proud of you for getting up and telling your story to all of those people. You are awesome!! How was school this year? Do you like your teacher. You are growing up way too fast. You camped for a whole week by yourself. Wow!!
Enjoy school this year.
Aunt Irene
I am Ashley Harris's cousin, and my sister Amy Johnson went to Camp Rainbow all her growing up years, since first being diagnosed with leukemia when she was six years old. She got to go to Camp Lomia with our ward young womens when she was a teenager, but almost seemed to still have more fun with her friends at Camp Rainbow. :) She is now 25 years old and goes to Camp Rainbow as a counselor, and worked with crafts this year. I am very very glad you had such a great time at camp Makenzie! Our continued love and prayers for your health.
Post a Comment