Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Starting Chemo

Makenzie has a short surgery this morning to have a portcath placed. It is sort of a permanent IV in her side where the doctors can take blood and give chemo drugs. Because of that she will not have to have a new IV every week. She also got her first chemo treatment today. So far, so good, only tiredness from lack of sleep and anasthesia. She'll get it once a week for 10 weeks and then go on a maintenance program where some weeks she receives a treatment and other weeks she doesn't. The total treatment should last about a year. Please, please continue to pray for her... that her shunt will keep working, that her tumor will be healed from the chemo drugs, and that she will have minimal side effects from the drugs. She has been blessed so much already as a result of prayers, having her name on the temple rolls, and from Priesthood blessings. We appreciate so much all the continuing prayers and support and help from everyone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makenzie,
We love you so much sweetheart!!
You are such a special girl!!
Lots of love, hugs N kisses!!!

Aunt Ginger Uncle Steve
Tiffany, Allison, Kalie & Douglas

Anonymous said...

I pray that Makenzie will continued to be blessed. I also pray that the family will be strong and have peace through this difficult time.

Love to you all.
Melissa Hochrine

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you. I know you are strong and I admire your strength! Keep your chin up with a smile and know that you have a huge cheering section. I pray that your tumor will disappear! Love you Kenzie!
The Vo family

Ashley Harris said...

Makenzie,

You sure have a lot of people who love you! You are obviously are a strong little girl. Take care and we'll be thinking of you!

Ashley Harris

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenzie: You are such a special girl. I hope you are enjoying school. I love the pictures. You are so cute!! We pray for you and know Heavenly Father will bless you and your family. Hello Terri, Chris, Carson, and Brayden. WE love you guys!!

Aunt Irene and family

Tami said...

You will definitely be in my prayers!! May God continue to bless you and your family through this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Kenzie,
Sweetie, this is your Card Angel Cathy. You are the bravest litle girl I know and you are in my prayers every day. I feel in my heart of hearts that the Lord will help you, your caregivers, and your family and friends as you go through your treatment to make it a success. Hang in and hang on for a little while longer little one. Love, prayers, and strength.
Cathy