Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Back to School, End of Break, MRI, New Chemo
Makenzie has been in school now in 2nd grade for over 2 weeks and is doing well. She is making it all day and has only missed days for and MRI and a treatment. She likes her teacher, Mrs. Guevara. Makenzie has enjoyed her 4 week break from chemo. It has helped her feel quite a bit better. She is also off of the steroids so that should also help her feel better. Her appetite is not so out of control and she should start slimming back down and gaining strength. The results of her MRI last Friday were mixed... the swelling around the tumor has gone down, and there were some cysts in the tumor that are smaller. But there has been no shrinkage and there is an area of the tumor that has progressed ever so slightly, less than the tip of a pinky finger. But that was enough for the doctor to decide her current chemo regimen was not as effective as he would like and to change from carboplatin/vincristine to vinblastine. So she will get vinblastine weekly for a year, without breaks, unless future MRIs show that to not be effective. One good thing is that her appointment times will go from over 3 hours to about an hour since Vinblastine does not have to dripped in slowly through an IV. Please, continue to pray for Makenzie to be blessed with miracles, that she will be healed and she will feel as well as she can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Kenzie-
you are so brave. Keep it up. We are so proud of you and how strong you have been during all your treatments. It was great to see you on Sunday. Hope you will continue to feel better.
Love You-
The Mullers
Kenzie,
Kendra and I just wanted to stop in and say hello. We think of you everyday. Glad you are liking school. Kendra is in first grade and so far LOVES it. I am sure 2nd grade is "twice" as fun!
Lov you
The Vo's
Makenzie--thanks so much for your help while we were moving last weekend. It was so great to see you! You hang in there with your treatments. We will see you in the fall for some fun at Young's Farm!
The Phelans
Kenzie: I am so glad you are having fun at school. I am cooking good food and enjoying all of the little kids. I hope your new treatments do the trick for you. We think of you often and guess what? My daughter Jennifer is going to have twin baby girls in January. I will be a grandma to twins. I am so excited. Take CAre. We love you and will see you soon.
Aunt Irene
Makenzie...You really do not know us(Denslows)But we remember you as a little one in your mommy's tummy and then on your mommy's lap...Please know you are in our prayers and we wish you all the best in your new treatment.
Makenzie,
I think about you every day!! We are so proud of you for going to school, even when you aren't feeling your best. I am thrilled that you love your new teacher. Let me know how you like the new Junie B Jones book I sent for you to read...It made me laugh :) (just like the title...Aloha-ha)
Tiffany and I wanted to stop by and see you for a few today, but I think you were still in church when we called your house...maybe we can get over sometime next week.
Big hugs and kisses to you!!! We love you so much!!!
Aunt Ginger
Post a Comment