Sunday, August 13, 2006

Camp Rainbow/Toy Drive Update




Makenzie and her family are enjoying the four week break from chemo. Makenzie is feeling a bit better. She'll get another MRI on the 25th and if all is still going well she'll continue chemo on the 30th. Dad and Makenzie went to Camp Rainbow in Prescott on Friday. We got on a bus at 8:00 in the morning and rode to camp. At camp Kenzie did arts and crafts, went down to the lake where they canoe and fish, did a scavenger hunt, ate lunch, had a sing-a-long, took a wagon ride with two mules named Dixie and Liz, and got to help paint Dr. Etzl, her doctor at the clinic. We headed home at 3:30 and had a little nap on the way home. Alex and Makenzie have collected truckloads of toys and collected over $1000 in donations that they are working on spending. It is still not too late to help... either by donating toys or money. They'll be delivering the toys to the hospital probably sometime this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is alot of toys! I love the painted DR. It was GREAT seeing you Makenzie. We hope you have a GREAT 1st day of school. Tammi and Savanna Auayfuay

Anonymous said...

Hi Makenzie; What nice things you are doing with the toy drive. I love seeing you on your website and hearing how you are doing. You are just the bravest girl!! I was that Phx Children's Hospital last week with my little granddaughter, Madison. She had a laser treatment on her birthmark. Whil I was there I donated 65 new beanie babies in your name. I hope that helps you toy drive. I'm so glad for all the fun stuff you get to do. I hope you are doing well. I always remember you and your family in my prayers. Thanks again for the toy drive and stay strong. Tell your mom and grandma Betty hi for me.
Love, Vickie Swain

Anonymous said...

Makenzie~
Dr. Etzl looks like a work of art, a true masterpiece ~ how fun! I can't believe you got to do all those activities in 1 day... that is so AWESOME.

Remember I AM PRAYING FOR YOU and I hope you have A GREAT 1st DAY OF 2nd GRADE! Remember how strong and brave you are and that you can beat anything that comes your way.

Love ~ Kelli

Anonymous said...

Dear Kenzie
I had so much fun spending the night with you and your brothers and getting to see you off to school for the 2nd grade. You look so beautiful and I know you had lots of fun meeting some new friends and seeing your friends from last year.

I am amazed at how many toys and other things you and Alex have been collecting for the toy drive. I know all the neat things that have been donated will bring a lot of cheer and brighten many days for children who are going through a lot.

Thanks to all for everything.

Kenzie keep your beautiful smile and know how much you are loved.
Grandma Betty