Thursday, September 28, 2006

Updates



Makenzie is doing well right now. She's been off the steroids for over a month. She is walking better, getter stronger, and has more energy. She's got her sparkle back. And she's talking as much as ever. She's even back in dance lessons. Mom goes with her to help her out. She's doing well in school and staying all day most days. She seems to be tolerating this new chemo they have her on well. She did go to the ER a few Fridays ago for a fever. You have to be really careful with fevers when kids are on chemo and have shunts. But it turned out to be nothing more than an upper respiratory virus along with some congestion and coughing.

Alex and Kenzie delivered the toys they collected to the Phoenix Children's Hospital a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to the work of these girls and the generosity of the Lake Pleasant Ward, the Pleasant Valley Ward, and many others they donated several thousand dollars worth of toys, clothes, and gift cards that will be given to kids at the hospital.

We continue to receive all kinds of support from so many amazing people. We are grateful... more than you can know. Things would be far more difficult for us right now if it were not for so many people helping us in so many ways. Please, keep praying for Makenzie to be healed, for her miracle.

6 comments:

Donna Talis said...

Hi Makenzie,
I was getting worried. I didn't see an update for a while. You look great. It's great to hear you are doing well. I'm always thinking of you. Have fun in dance class! Can't wait to see some pictures. Take Care Sweetheart!
Love,
Angel Donna

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is alot of stuff! CONGRATS on the success of the drive. We cannot wait to see you next week. LOVE ya, THE AUAYFUAY FAMILY!

Tony said...

Its great to see that Makenzie is doing so well. I have been thinking about her. All the best to the whole Moore famliy.

Tony Ressa

PS Chris, sun is setting on the Phils and the wild card. :(

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to go with the girls to deliver the toys. In addition to the toys there were Target gift cards,make-up for the girls
CD's and Movies for the older kids that have outgrown toys.
The people at the hospital were amazed as we kept coming up the elevator with another load. WE filled a pretty good sized room.
I am amazed at the kindness and generosity of all the caring people that continue to show overwhelming love and support in this difficult time for Kenzie and our family. Words cannot express our gratitude and know the donations you made to the toy drive will bring many smiles and lots of enjoyment to other children and families going through trials.
Thanks again for everything. Kenzie continues to teach us every day and we feel blessed for each day we are able to share with her.
Love to all
Grandma Betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary MacMac: I enjoyed having lunch with you on Saturday. You are so special. It was fun to visit with you and see your princess room. It is so beautiful. Congratulations on the toy drive. You girls accomplished an amazing task. Many lives will be blessed because of your work. Good job!! Keep smiling and take care of your self. We pray for you and your family. Good to see you Terri, Chris, and boys. We love you. Aunt Irene

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie!!
I just wanted to tell you that I love you Makenzie, and I hope you get better,and that a miracle will happen!! I dont know if you heard but I made a scrapbook page about you...its hanging in the scrapbook store if you want to take a look at it. I love you Makenzie, stay strong, have an AWSOME day!!!

Love Tiffany :)