Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Princess Room

I have so much to update you on I hope I can remember everything. I am way behind with everything. First of all, Thanks to everyone for meals, helping me clean and taking good care of our family. :) Makenzie had her Wednesday treatment. Everything went well. She is goofy and happy. We LOVE to see that.She was in the ER on Friday night. She had a fever. We can not take chances because of her port and shunt. She hates going there. The only nice thing is you say Tumor and Chemo. They rush you into the back so she is not exposed to the other sick kids. We get check out right away. Thank goodness.Kenzie's most excited these days about her room. A very special friend did a room makeover for her (Olivia Montez). Let me start off by saying: "BEAUTIFUL" It turned out so awesome. I love just going in there to look. I was quite proud of myself because Olivia liked the color we had painted her room. It is a bright pottery barn pink. She got a new bed spread that went w/ the room better than the one I had. They had the furniture sprayed white. Rachel Despain made curtains, round pillow and a chair cover. They hung shelves (David Despain) and a beaded chandelier (SP?). She is so excited to have a canopy at the head of the bed. She thinks it is cool to have different shaped pillows. Nanci Jarman helped them w/ the set up and made a really cute box for organization. To finish it off Olivia gave her the most beautiful hand held mirror. Makenzie shows everyone the mirror first thing. Thanks to everyone who help lift the spirtit of our whole family. Much appreciated.Our fiend Kelli Barkley lives around the corner from us. She has had a brain tumor removed twice. We are walking with her for the National Brain Tumor foundation. Here is a link to donate : http://www.firstgiving.com/kellikbarkleyThe walk will be held on October 14th, 2006.The rest of the family is doing well. Brayden has learned to open our doors this last week. Now the bathrooms are locked and we are trying our best to keep him out of things. Carson dropped a metal stake on his toe and cut it open. We thought we would have to take him to the ER and get a stitch but we took him to a friend dr. and he looked at it. He could have used a stitch but he butterflied it and who cares if he has a scar on his toe. Thank you so much for doing that. We really appreciate it. He probably saved us $500.Today is a half day at school so Makenzie home for the day. Her and Carson have been playing really good together. They play stuffed animals. I have no idea what that is all about or how to play but they have a great time. This still does not totally catch us up but it will have to do for now. :) It will not let me post pictures of her room. I will try tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makenzie~
You made Emily Lofton so happy picking her to eat lunch with you this past week! She is Kayli's best friend and she told me all about it at the bus stop, you made her feel "special". I am glad you will be at the walk this year with me and my family!
Love ~ Kelli

Anonymous said...

Makenzie,
It was so great to get to talk to you a couple of times last week. It really made my day! Thanks for the hugs.
Mrs. C :)

Deanna Payne said...

I can't wait to see pictures. The rooms sounds gorgeous. I hope you are all feeling well. Miss you!