Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Latest MRI & 6 More Months of Chemo

Makenzie had another MRI on February 26th. Good news... there is still no growth in the tumor. We thought maybe Dr. Etzl would stop chemo after the MRI, it has been 2 years total and 1 1/2 years on the current chemo regimen. But... after consulting with all the other doctors on the brain tumor team he decided that we will continue chemo another 6 months until August. It would have been nice to be done... but we are hopeful the continued chemo will be able to shrink her tumor. Many kids on this protocol go 2 years. And Makenzie has handled this chemo very well and it seems to be controlling the tumor. Please, keep her in your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenzie, I am so glad that your tumor is remaining under control. I wish you contiuned good blessings. I think of yoy all the time. Cathy Abell

Anonymous said...

Makenzie, what a great girl you are and so strong. What a strong mommy you have too. I admire you both very much and miss you!

Ashley