I just want to start off saying I LOVE summer. I really don't like the heat, but something about summer just makes me happy. I LOVE that my hubby is home for the summer. Makenzie and I were talking about how most kids are not able to have their dads home for 11 weeks in the summer. We just get to be together. We hang out, play Wii, swim, go to summer movies, visit family, stay up late together, Chris and the boys fish, de-clutter (still a work in progress), have friends over. Just fun stuff. The only bummer is Kenzie having to go back on Chemo. That has kept us home for most of the summer but we really do like being home. We LOVE just being with each other. I feel really lucky because at this stage my kids really get along well. Not too many problems. Right now they are ganging up on me and are BEGGING for a dog. I am feeling bad because I am ANTI dog. Just ask my friend Karolyn, we share the same feelings ;) I once had a dream that Chris bought the kids a dog. I was so upset crying and saying, no! Karolyn won't come over now. I had to laugh. I know my kids would take care of it. They would love it. The problem is me. I am selfish. I really don't want the cost and the upkeep. We will see what happens. Me and Chris were actually arguing, um I mean disagreeing, about what kind of dog we would get. If we got one it would have to be a little dog. Chris says no way. He would get made fun of if he brought a little wimpy dog fishing or hunting. My point is that if I am the one home with it, it would have to be small. :) I can't even believe we had this conversation. My super good friend daughter Paris got a new dog. He is a cute little guy. She brought him over the other night for the boys to see. They had so much fun. Hope eveyone is have a fun summer. These pictures are for you Karolyn.
HAPPY SUMMER . :)
3 comments:
Tell Paris her dog is absolutely adorable! Maybe she'll let you "borrow" her once in a while. As a dog person myself, I must say that they can be a bit much when you have little kids. Hold your ground if you're not ready for it. Mama always ends up taking care of it in the end.
Thanks for the tribute. . .I feel so loved! When do you want to meet at Petsmart to pick out your dog?
Don't get a small dog Terri. Unless you are going to commit yourself to the effort of training it then it is better to get a bigger outside dog. I would consider the reasons you don't want a dog before picking a dog. ie hair on everything, pooping in the house, eating you out of house and home, oh and the grooming costs. We got a "hypoallergenic" dog. A Bichon Frise full breed. He has been pretty good but small dogs are harder to train and I spend about $50 every six to eight weeks on grooming. He doesn't shed though and so I think it is better but not really worth the money. If I knew then what I know now I would not have said yes! Hold your ground. Sorry for babbling!
Post a Comment