Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer Vacation & 8th Treatment






Makenzie, her family, Grandpa and Grandma Moore, Aunt Shelley and her cousins Raleigh, Tyler, and Sidney spent 4 days in San Diego. We went to the beach a couple of times, Sea World, and the San Diego Zoo. Kenzie did good. She had fun. She got to rent a wheel chair and get driven around Sea World and the zoo. Her blood counts were good last Wednesday so she did get her 8th treatment. Dr. Etzl is still watching her close and keeping the idea of switching her chemo drugs in the back of his mind. He is concerned about the swelling in the tumor and the symptoms it is causing her. One cause of swelling could be the chemo affecting the tumor. Another cause could be a shift in the position of the tumor or tumor progression. MRI's have not shown any shift or progression. So for now, we think, the plan is to keep up the current chemo and watch her closely, repeating MRIs to monitor the tumor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Makenzie!
It sounds like you are having a good summer. I am glad you got to go to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo, what fun! Have a fabulous summer and stay cool!
Love,
Mrs. C. :)

Anonymous said...

Kenzie,
RJ & I were in San Diego too. I wish we wouldv'e known you were there, we couldv'e met you at the beach. I hope you had fun at the zoo and at Sea World.
Love,
The Mullers

Deanna Payne said...

Wow! How fun! The pictures of everyone turned out great! I hope you continue to feel good Makenzie!

Anonymous said...

Makenzie: It looks like you had a great vacation! The pictures are really neat. Keep working on feeling better. Remember eat all of your vegetables and fruit!! We love you and will see you soon.

Aunt Irene