Friday, January 05, 2007

The Latest MRI

Makenzie got another MRI on Thursday, January 4th. The last MRI was back on August 25th. The last one showed the tiniest bit of tumor progression... a fraction of the tip of a pinky finger. That caused the doctor to switch her chemo medicine from vincristine and carboplatin to vinblastine. The new chemo medicine seems to be doing what we want so far. The latest MRI showed no evidence of tumor progression. They told us not to really expect any shrinkage yet. Vinblastine is a slow acting medication. But, so far so good. Kenzie has felt so much better with this new medication that with the old. She has had more energy and strength and her counts have stayed higher and her immune system is doing well. Keep praying for her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is good news. We love you Makenzie. The AUAYFUAYS!

Donna Talis said...

Kenzie,
So great to hear about your progress! I am so happy for you. Glad to see that you are feeling well. Take Cake Sweetie.
Love,
Angel Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi Makenzie-
This is Jaydies mom Cami. Honey, I miss seeing you. I am so impressed by your sweet photos and amazing experience to meet Pres. Monson. Tears come to my eyes as I see your adorable face and sweet cheeks. I can't help but be reminded of Jaydie and her precious face. You are special little girls and your mommy and I am so blessed to have such amazing kids! I hope I can see you again soon. We are having our big block party again and hope your family can come. Girly Girlz is one of Jaydies favorite places and she had many parties and special treatment by Cindy. I hope you know that we love you! Talk to you soon! LOve, Jaydies mom!

Deanna Payne said...

Great new Makenzie. You are always in our prayers!