Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Stuffington Bear Factory and Channel 3




Makenzie, Carson, and Brayden got to go down to the Stuffington Bear Factory this morning from 6:00 - 9:00 along with other patients and their siblings from Phoenix Children's Hospital and be a part of the Good Morning Arizona show with Brad Perry on channel 3. All the kids got to stuff their own bears. We had to wake up at 4:00 in the morning! Kenzie did not feel too well and spent a lot of time laying down on a big bear but she had fun. She met a new friend, Natalie, who also had a brain tumor. She also got to see Cathy from the clinic. She really likes Cathy. Carson spent at least a 1/2 hour just combing and washing his bear. He spent some more time biting everyone, including Brad's camera man, with a stuffed snake. Brayden got tripped by the extension cords from the TV truck so him and Brad went to find the camera man and demand a dollar. The kids had fun. Tomorrow is the next treatment. If her blood counts are too low she may not get a treatment. She may get a blood transfusion and take a week off of chemo.

6 comments:

Donna Talis said...

Dear Makenzie,
Wow! It looked like so much fun building your own bear. It's nice that you got to go with your brothers. I hope you are well enough tomorrow for your treatment. I'll be thinking of you as always! Take care.
Love,
Angel Donna

Anonymous said...

Grandma Betty saw you on the news this morning while getting ready to go to work.

I loved spending the night with you on Monday and doing lots of fun things.

I am saying lots of prayers for you to feel stronger and better.

Lots of hugs and kisses for my little princess.

Anonymous said...

Makenzie,

I think that is so cool that you made a bear!!!
Uncle Steve and I missed seeing you on the
news because we were at our scrapbook store.
We will make sure and watch a tape of it as
soon as possible!!! Hugs, Kisses & Prayers
for you sweetheart!!! We love you!!!

Aunt Ginger :)

Anonymous said...

Kenzie,
Parker & I got to see you and Carson on the TV this morning. Park thought it was pretty cool to see his friends on the TV. Looks like you had a great time. We love you and wish you the best. Good Luck with your treatment tomorrow. Hope you start to feel better.
Love,
The Muller's

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenzie: You are so beautiful. Did you have fun making your own teddy bear? I watch Brad on the morning news but that must have been the morning I slept in. I hope your treatment goes well, and you are feeling better soon. We love you and pray for you. You are very special to us and so brave. Hugs and kisses.

Aunt Irene

Deanna Payne said...

Oh my goodness! I love the picture with Brad! And Makenzie I am so glad to hear you are feeling better now. It makes me sad to think of you feeling sick all the time. Congrats on going to the Stuffington Bear factory. That must have been so fun! Carson is a silly boy. Sounds just like my mason.