We are starting out a lot better today than we were doing last night. She has had a busy morning as you can see from the pictures. She really liked the music. They are really pushing to get her moved to the floor. I am not to interested because we would have to have a room mate and a much smaller room if you can believe. I hope she can get strong quick so she won't have to be in there too long. Her vision seems a little off. It is hard for her to find things. We have to help her and point it out before she sees it. I think it might be just time and healing for that to come back. Her left field of vision seems to be worse than the right. She is on a bunch of different antibiotics and one of them makes her very itchy. I was so worried last night that she would be thowing up and itchy. We said a prayer and she has not been itching since. :) She is eating crackers and visiting with some people. Go figure... They sent a speech therapist in the other day. We laughed. Whats even funnier is they are coming back. Maybe they are bored??? Needing someone to talk to them???
Makenzie has done pretty well thru the day. I think I had a harder time than she did. They moved her to the floor. :( It is like going from the Hilton to the motel 6) We have a roommate (she snores) in an little tiny room. There is enough room for one dirty chair for each patients family member. I am bringing my Clorox wipes tomorrow and scrubbing it down. My poor mom is the first one that get to have an enjoyable night on a dirty chair. I am so OCD. Kenzie got really emotional when it got time for us to leave. She had to go potty and we had to wait for a nurse. It seemed like it took forever. The problem with the floor is the nurses have 6 patients and the PICU they only have two. Big difference. We are now on our own. Hopefully she will spend most of the day in therapy so we won't have to rely on them as much. We had the BEST nurses in the PICU. They are just there to help you get better. They are great! I am hosting a little pity party if anyone wants to join. I just wanted to vent. I will get over it and tomorrow will be a new day. It will be good. Thanks Erin for taking care of Carson this afternoon. We REALLY appreciate it. :)
4 comments:
Speech therapy, huh? Hey, that sounds like a good career choice for her. :)
Keep up the good work Makenzie! We're glad you're feeling better.
Shelley, Scott, Raleigh, Tyler, Sidney, and Kendall
Dogs and music make me feel better too. :) What a great story about prayer and the tender mercies that can result!
Kenzie your hair looks like mine the last few days...pony tails! Hope you can come home soon. Ethan has a picture he has drawn for you. Have a good day! Love, Tiffany and Ethan Thomas
Makenzie,
We think you look fabulous!! LOVE the socks!!! Our prayers and love are with you sweetheart. We are so proud of how great you are doing!!
Love
Uncle Steve, Aunt Ginger, Tiffany, Allison, Kalie and Douglas :)
Post a Comment