This morning was a pretty great morning. I went hiking with a few friends. We changed it up a little and went to Thunderbird. It was close to a 2 hour hike. GREAT workout. Came home did computer stuff. Chris had to play the piano for a memorial service. Before he left he told the kids if they did a good job cleaning we could do something fun with Gma and Gpa. They came to visit about a week ago and will be here until the first part of October.
We will call him "C" to save this person from any embarrassment. C always has a hard time cleaning. Does not see the point. C just whines and complains the whole time. All C had to do was about 15 minutes picking up and C would have been done. C proceeded to get worse and ended up in timeout. C was almost done and C decided to really give me a really hard time. I ended up giving ME a time out so I could cool down. I got kick and mauled as I put C back in time out over and over. C's dad was not so happy when he came home. He waited to talk to C. I remember as a kids that the wait was always worse than the punishment. C had to apologize and serve his two time outs. The last of the punishment was C had to stay home with mom and miss the movie with Gma, Gpa and the family. I cried when they left. C was so sad. What a hard lesson to learn. I do know that it is for the best. C is happy right now eating Ramen and watching Charlotts Web. I think next time C might have an easier time cleaninig. :) I sure LOVE "C" I think that I will let C earn a movie next weekend with mom for doing his chores all week. Hope you enjoy your weekend. :) Terri
6 comments:
Those are the hardest lessons to give and to take. I hope things are going great for you. Take care, Tammi
Gosh--I wonder who you are talking about! You disguised it so well! LOL. I think the punishment is worse on the parents!
Following through when you really want to give in is the hardest. He will definitely remember for next time. You are a good mom Terri!
Terri, you are one of the best mom/friends/person I know!
XOXO Holly
Yes, the punishment is always harder on the parents. They know what the child is capable of and what their potential is. But good job for following through. He'll remember that and thank you for it later.
Tough lessons bring the longest reward. I know it was tough, but way to be stong! He will learn - Great job!!
Post a Comment