Everything has been going great until yesterday (Monday) Makenzie was not feeling so good. She was complaining of a headache and she was lying on the couch and fell asleep which is not like her. When she woke up she said she was feeling good so we went to Lowes and then she threw up in the store. All of these things are signs of a shunt malfunction. I was really worried so we took her to Phoenix Children’s and got there about 7:00pm. They took us right back and she got a CT scan and some X-Rays of the shunt line. Everything looked good so we were worried they would send us home. They did not the neurosurgeon had us go to the PICU for the night. It was around 1 am when we got in there and by the time they hooked her up to all the monitors it was almost 2. She woke up feeling great and had breakfast. She kept that down and he let her come home around 1:00 pm. We still need to watch her close and make sure she is feeling ok. They said if it was the shunt it could have been a couple of different things. The doctor can press on a valve on the top of her head and feel the fluid coming in it. He said it was filling up nicely. A lot of times shunts are high maintenance and can give lots of problems. Please pray that Makenzie's shunt will work properly and that she will not have problems with it.
On a lighter note it is spring break this week and we are painting the inside of our house. If anyone has a burning desire to paint come on over ;) We are moving furniture around and I am just nervous because I had to make a choice about what color to paint. How hard could it be to pick a tan color? There are a hundred different choices. Wish me luck. It was great to see everyone at church on Sunday. I have missed being around all of you. Hopefully we will not have to miss very often.
8 comments:
We are so glad you are okay Makenzie! Kayli wants to come over to your house and see you. Please take care of yourself and call us when you feel up to us coming over for a short play. We have a book for you -- hopefully that will keep you busy until school next week. Can't wait to see you!
Kayli & Kelli
You are always in my prayers. I think of you often. Love you!
I pray for continued blessings to your home and the strength to endure these challenges. All the best to your family. Love, Melissa Hochrine
Hi Moore Family-
Just a quick note to say hi and that we are thinking of you all! We built fence for the horse pasture over spring break so we can relate to a "working" spring break. Painting is our summer chore :)
We love you all!
Aunt Mindy, Uncle Steve, Brent & Jess
Hey Makenzie, sorry to hear about your trip back to the ER. Im glad your a trooper. Thanks for your help in sharing time. It was great to have you in class! Remember CTR not DCTL.
Brother Oliver
Moore Family: You are in our prayers daily and we know the outcome will be good. Hello Makenzie. I told Grandpa George to give Patch a hug from you. Patch is pretty wild. I bet you are happy to go back to school and see all of your friends and teachers. Hope you have fun. Grandpa Roy said you were having your real birthday party soon. Have Fun. Hi Carson, Brayden, and Chris.
Aunt Irene
Hi Makenzie,
I am glad you are doing ok now. I am so excited to see you back at school. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Mrs. C.
I am sorry to hear Makenzie is not feeling 100%... GOOD LUCK with all that painting. May the FORCE be with you...Tammi
Post a Comment