Saturday, May 02, 2009

HI from Makenzie







hi,
How is my favorite forth grade class?

My first surgrey went successfully!

Being in the hospital, is let me tell you, Stinky!!!!!!! BIG TIME!:(

I am kind of missing school, even though, I like it, YET I try to avoid going. :)

Kenzie wanted to finish writing this but she got tired. I am going to have her try and write a message everyday. It is good for her hands especially her left. She can not open her left hand. When it is open and she tries to close it, it doesn't close for a a few seconds as she thinks about it. She worked pretty hard today. The physical therapist came and had her walking with a walker. She did GREAT! Her neurosurgeon said that where he was diging is where all the movement is. Since she could squeeze his finger the next day tells him that he did not sever those nerves. He thinks she should be able to regain full range. Please pray that she will be able to heal quickly. Thanks so much for all the prayers, fasting and love that everyone has sent our way. We know that our prayers have been answered and will continue to be heard. :)
FunnY: Brayden asked Chris last night why I don't live at home anymore. :) Then he asked why I was living at Kenzie's Dr.'s appointment. :) He is so darn CUTE!!! He also said that he wanted monster trucks and barbie's for his birthday. :) What a crack up :)
Carson scored two goals in his soccer game today. He just LOVES to play. We are so proud of him. :) I really miss the boys. I can't wait to see them tomorrow. :) Also a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my grandpa. His birthday party was this evening. We just LOVE him so much. The pictures are of Kenzie's class saying hi to her. I promised that I would put them on here. Thanks Mrs. Devers and her 4th grade class for such a GREAT school year. :) She really misses you guys. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful that Makenzie is using the strength she has to give us little "updates." I sure hope she gets better soon, and is 100% healthy. My love and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you're feeling better Makenzie! Thanks for writing! You'll be back up and running around in no time. Keep it up trooper!

When is Brayden's birthday? Only from the mind of a 3 year old! : )I feel for the Barbie's having to ride on those monster trucks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi Makenzie i know in my heart that you will be stronger and stronger every day. Sorry my note came in late my mom just got your blog address today. Good luck, we all miss you and the Savior is by your side. Hope to eat lunch with you again soon, I miss that.
Savanah McFarland

Anonymous said...

Hi Makenzie,

Glad to hear you are through the surgery and that you are awake more. Don't worry about the left side of your body not working to good. Jack had some medical issues awhile back and his left side didn't work too good either but theory fixed him up in no time.

It must get boring not to be able to have many visitors but know that lots of people are praying and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jack and Theresa

Unknown said...

What cute pictures from the class! That must be neat to have a big support system at school, church, and home. There are countless people praying for you Sweet Girl!

Emily Lofton said...

Hi Makenzie! Hope you are feeling better. I like the sign on your blog that says "Queen of Random". Its funny and cool. (Maybe I will make a comic book with a character named "Random" for you!) I hope you are able to come for the last day of school. Take care and do what the doctors say so we can see you before the end of school! Love, Emily Lofton

P.S. My mom says to tell you Hi and that she is thinking about you.